Monday, March 22, 2010

Black licorice??

I had a request to make a wedding cake last week--just a little one for a small reception. No problem, right? 'Cept they wanted unusual decorations on the cake; dark purple flowers and black licorice. It took awhile to come up with an idea that would be 'pretty', but with Cassidy's help at the end, we put it together. This is what it looked like:
Can you see the black twizzlers underneath the ribbon?

Licorice loops under the flower topper. The crowning craziness to this cake is they requested strawberry flavor cake--so you can imagine the clash of color when the cake was cut and exposed the pink inside!! Ah, well, we all have our ideas of beauty.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who would of thunk?

Great cake.

LeeAnneee said...

Gorgeous cake--I immediately keyed on those Ben Hurs & Violet Squares you & DiHannee lubbed so much!

Julia M. said...

Whenever I want a really happy thought, I think of MY wedding cake made by your masterful hands and creative mind, and I feel joy. Honest to goodness joy. The licorice is unusual, and you are so good at working with the crazies! :)