Something happened a week ago and I am still amazed at what happened to Jimbob brother, Doug Wilcox's family. Maybe you saw it on the news the other day--
Anyway, Doug's wife Claudia received a terrible call from Jordan Valley Hospital last Friday informing her that her husband Doug had been electrocuted on the job and had passed away. I can only imagine what she went through when she received the call. The hospital asked her to come to the hospital. She called her sons to tell them the dreadful news and headed to the hospital. On the way there, her cell phone rang. It was Douglas. What in the world?? Claudia had just answered the worst phone call of her life and now was answering the best phone call of her life!! A mix-up at the hospital was made and a different Doug Wilcox had been in the accident. I don't know how the mistake was made, but it was a very difficult and emotional one for the family.
I feel so sad for the other Doug Wilcox family and their grief--but happy that our Doug Wilcox is still alive and well.
Do you think the hospital will take better precautions in the future to notify THE CORRECT families? We can only hope!
Ruby age 14
2 months ago




5 comments:
I couldn't believe this either! We were talking about the story at work at it wasn't until the next day that I found out it was Doug and Claudia.
Holy Cow....what a terrible mistake to make. I am amazed that there would be such a horrendous mixup from a hospital....and that's all I will say about that! Don't get me going. Anyway, I am happy things are well with your family.
I read about this on KSL. Stunning. Absolutely insane. I can't imagine the emotions.
Stef told me about it and my heart started racing, even though I figured it was a good outcome. So crazy! I'm glad he's okay, but sad for the other Wilcox fam!
I still haven't figured out how the hospital got the phone # to call Claudia. Maybe she'll fill us in someday. Anyway, tell JimBob to talk to Dr. Gasecki about what sleep apnea can do to you over time. It scared me to death, which is why I agreed to go through this whole thing. Really, it can do terrible things to you, maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but eventually it will kill you.
Post a Comment