I wouldn't say that Jimbob is getting old. Of course I wouldn't, because I am the same age as he is! But when I heard what he was planning on doing with the scouts this summer I wondered if he was biting off a little bit too much! Last week they backpacked 8 miles to basecamp in the high Uintas, and then hiked to several peaks from there. I thought it sounded HARD!
There is still snow at the end of July!
A little cave found years ago by Joey Cooper--he calls
it "Cooper's Crack"
Jimbob loved this waterfall
View from one of the peaks they hiked .
So, Jimbob said all this beauty was worth eating freeze dried food, filtering water from the lake to drink, billions of bugs, and (not)sleeping on the hard ground. He was so exhausted when he came home, but heck, guys love to do stuff like this. And I love to stay home and HEAR about it when he gets home!
P.S. He was very stinky when he came home.




4 comments:
I want to see the rest of the pictures! I can't believe they all survived with all of that hiking and all of those bugs...
Nick has gone camping a lot with scouts this summer being in YM's and all. I'm sure our men just love being out there in the great outdoors!
I do the same thing every year, except our hike is 3.5 miles in and 3.5 miles out. This year I won't get to go on our yearly hike on'accounta' I'll be in St. George. Great pics!!!
I'm glad it's him and not me!
Post a Comment