Monday, November 16, 2009

Blessings

It's a very snowy cold Saturday night and once again we find ourselves at Lowes picking up items for our recent kitchen remodel--which is almost done! I will post pictures when it is ALL done. We are standing in the electrical aisle trying to find cover plates in the right color and size for the outlets when my telephone sings to me. (Rascal Flatts, "Shine on"--)

"Hello?"

"Is this Connie Wilcox?" (little girl's voice)

"Yes, it is."

"We are just outside Lowes and we found your wallet."

Oh, my word. I didn't even know it had fallen out of my purse, didn't have a clue it was gone. My heart is pounding and I rush outside the store. There is a humble little hispanic family, dad doesn't even speak English, but just has a friendly, white-toothed smile for me as he hands me my wallet.

Tender mercies, special blessings, good and honest people. Thank you, Heavenly Father.

3 comments:

Rick Wilcox said...

That happened to me at the Bluffdale Park a year ago. I had taken PJ over to play and when we got home, my wallet was missing. I hurried back over to the park and started looking around when a lady who was sitting there asked me if I'd lost a wallet. When I said "yes", she handed it to me and said she'd been waiting for someone to come back and get it. Blessings, indeed.

Nickessa said...

I can't wait to see your kitchen and Nick talks about it all the time. I can't wait to see pictures or just come over and see it in person! I'm glad they returned your wallet that is a blessing! That's always my biggest fear is having my wallet stolen.

LeeAnneee said...

Thanks be for the kindness & honesty of strangers.