It's becoming a tradition--gingerbread house-making at Grammy's house the first Sunday night in December. Such a messy bunch of fun we have. Madison and Bailey even drew 'house plans' for their houses this year! The little ones are almost old enough to do their own, and Cameron didn't wolf his down before the evening was done this year. Shannon and I put the houses together beforehand so the kids can begin the decorating right away. We found that melting white chocolate to 'glue' the pieces together works better than white icing. It sets up faster. Here are the lovely results of 2009--
Ruby age 14
2 months ago








3 comments:
Look at that beautiful kitchen and all those darling children! What a fun tradition!
What a wonderful tradition. I can't wait to do that with Sydney! It must be nice to have a kitchen again!
That is so cute. I really wish that I could do fun and creative things like that with my kids. It seems that every time I try to make houses or create something with them, it ends in a battle between Brennan and myself. An argument that never ends because he tries to do it how he invisions it and it doesn't quite work, so it ends in a serious temper tantrum and a flustered mommy!
Post a Comment