When I was a little girl I got a set of the coolest building blocks ever. They are called 'Bill Dings' and are little wooden men that you stack and balance on top of each other. I spent hours with them when I was a kid and it's pretty fun that they are made with a 'balancing' concept. Anybody out there ever heard of them? My mom saved them for me and I have them in my toy room for the grandkids to play with. Tonight we tended Kaleb and Brynlee and Kaleb thought they were lots of fun! I just wish I had more of them to build taller things. I searched on the internet and I actually found a pattern you can use to make them! Who would have thought it, after all these years??
(http://balderstone.ca/billding.html)




6 comments:
Those were my favorite things to play with at Taddies! I often wondered where I might get them. I am so glad you have those! They are such a wonderful toy! I wonder if the toy company, Doug and Melissa makes them?
They were also MY favorite, way back in Kindergarten, many, many years ago. I was so painfully shy back then, but if I wasn't busy coloring a picture, I dared to approach whatever other kid was busy with BillDings, to help out. Tizza low-tech toy to span centuries.
I've never heard of them, but they look super fun!
I spent HOURS playing those at Grandma's house. Loved 'em! Those and that metal green flatbed truck that was such a good roller. OOOOOH! And those two blue sticks that were held together by the white netting? We'd use it to throw random crap across the room. Memories.
I must have had a deprived childhood. I've never seen anything like them.
They had a name? And who says history is boring?
Post a Comment