Friday, April 3, 2009

Whistling girls...



Little Brynlee used to 'shhhhhsh' me when I would whistle (which I do alot, mindlessly). She got her little glare on and put her forefinger to her lips and shushed me regularly. Then one day, I caught her watching me whistle, and puckering her lips to blow. Next thing you know, there is an actual note coming from the little lips--maybe a high 'c'...

We made a big deal of it, and now she whistles alot. She is only 21 months old! I think some of my kids didn't learn to whistle till they were teenagers. So Brynlee walks around whistling (when she doesn't have her binkie in her mouth.) She also loves pockets and has her hands in her own pockets most of the time. This can be dangerous--once she sat on the piano bench with her hands in her pockets and tipped forward and klunked her face on the keyboard. She sat there with her face smooshed on the keys and cried cause she couldn't move. Her hands were stuck in her pockets.




I love my grandkids.

4 comments:

Nickessa said...

She is so cute. I just love little kids...they make life so enjoyable!

Cass and Jared said...

I heard her whistle just the other day... so cute. I love her little face when she does it.

Rick Wilcox said...

I still can't whistle. Maybe I should come over and take lessons.

MindiCeleste said...

I am a whistler!! I have been whistling for as long as I can remember. Have you ever heard me and my mom harmonize in whistles? When I worked at Penneys, I had customers that would walk throhg the door and listen to hear if I was there. I love whistling. Just don't do it in sacrement meeting.. Oops!