Thursday, April 30, 2009

The Radical Shed

Since Saturday was STINKING cold and dreary, Jimbob entertained hissself by building a birdhouse. I think it turned out very very well. Back to the shed, let me elaborate upon it...this shed is Jimbob's palace. He built it with his own two hands two years ago and he spends more and more time in it--he LOVES IT! Of course it has all his tools and 'stuff' but it also has an easy chair, TV and stereo. If he disappears I will find him there.

Now, back to the birdhouse. It's cute as can be, and he put it on the remains of a 'trash tree' that sprouted behind the shed and it looks so natural there. We are hoping to watch neat birds use it and not the darn magpies who have taken up residence in the neighborhood. He was careful to make the birdhouse opening too small for magpies.

I think it is a meadowlark that has a distinct call that takes me back to my childhood. My mom used to tell me it said "Connie--is--a--prettylittlegirl!" I am preety sure she told my sisters it called their names too.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you need a more glamorous word for that shed...more like a man hut or something.

chelle belle said...

i want a radical shed like jimbob. mine wouldn't have a t.v. but it would have a reading lamp!

Rick Wilcox said...

Let me know when jb gets satellite tv in the shed.

Rick Wilcox said...

I forgot to mention that I noticed the diaper truck baby with the crown. Very cool!