I love autumn and seeing the beauty that comes with the end of the season. This year Jimbob planted something new in our backyard. They take me back to when I was a kid and my dad planted them--huge sunflowers. They are now about 8 feet tall and growing huge seeds in them. I 'member picking all those seed out of the centers as a child--but I can't remember what my mom did with them! I guess I will have to google it now to figure it out--unless any of you have the secret to saving sunflower seeds.
All summer long I look forward to Green River melons. Don't you just love them?? I love watermelon in general and I crave them all year long. The day I walk into Reams in August and see those big honkin' Green Rivers always puts a smile on my face. I do not take these lovely things for granted. I buy one every week until--alas--they are gone again until next year.




2 comments:
I Love Watermelon!! It's my favorite food. Period. If I could survive off of just watermelon I'd totally do it...it's sooo yummy!
Watermelon is great. I love watching my kids devour it like little piggies! My kids keep asking if we can plant sunflowers, I think we will have to do it next year, they look great. Good luck on finding out what to do with the seeds, google it!
Post a Comment