Monday, November 17, 2008

Do All Dogs Go To Heaven?

I'm pretty sure Sydney went straight to Heaven. You know, if she hadn't been such a good puppy dog, we wouldn't be so sad now. Fifteen years is a long time to share with a doggie, and Syd was the best. Most every one who knew her agreed. She was mellow, obedient, smart, bright eyed, patient, loving and fun-loving. She loved to be with her people. From room to room she would wander to find someone to plop down beside, heave a sigh and relax with. We loved her and she loved us, and now our hearts are aching without her. Yep, if dogs go to heaven, our Syd is romping there right now.


9 comments:

Rob and Tammy said...

So far I have only lost one pet that I was close to and I remember how hard that was - and we only had Mega for about 6 years. I can't imagine how hard it is to lose a pet that you have had as long as you had Sydney. Hopefully it is a small comfort to you to know that she is out of pain and able to run and jump once again in Doggie Heaven.

Rick Wilcox said...

We have three dogs buried out in the pasture. Each one was hard to lose but they left us with a lot of good memories.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm so sorry about Sydney! She was soooo sweet and cute! You guys were lucky to have her and she was very lucky to have such a loving family...I am sure she is in heaven now!

Anonymous said...

Don't know if ALL dogs go to heaven, but of all creatures great & small, I'm certain this-n DID! There're some animals I'd rather spend time with than a lotta humans I know.

Godspeed, Good Dog!

Erin said...

When my dog Moxie was a puppy, I cried once because I never wanted to be without her. Nic thought I was crazy, but it's true--these crazy dogs steal my heart! Sydney was such a sweetheart. It's hard to imagine your house without her!

Anonymous said...

I am sad for you. Loosing a pet is hard. I think they will go to heaven, it will be kind of boring without a PERFECT pet. That would be neat!

Ben & Eva Pearson said...

We're sad for you guys!! She was a great dog and we are dreading the day when it's Charlie's turn to go to heaven :(

Julia M. said...

That's too bad! She is probably happier now, though, right? What a sweet dog she was.
Yes, we're going to apple days on Saturday around 1 or 2. We want to watch the big game at 4, so just before then. And it's Ben's birthday, and there's nothing he'd rather do. :) I hope we see you there!

Nickessa said...

Oh-we are so sad to hear about Sydney! I can't even imagine how hard it would be. We feel for you because we have a litte doggie that we just love to pieces and will be heart broken when she leaves us.