
Okay, has this happened to you? I pay my bills online and as I was doing that very thing last week I noticed that two of my bills were higher than usual. I pulled up the details on the bills and noted on both bills a charge from companies that I didn't recognize.
After calling Qwest, they informed me that the $15 charge on my bill was from an 'enhanced phone service', who billed them. They in turn billed me. They gave me the phone number of the company, who I immediately called and asked them to reverse and remove the charges and cancel whatever service they SAID I ORDERED, which I did not. They slammed me. After researching the topic, I found that this company, called Orbit, does this on a regular basis to people who answer a few questions in a survey. Beware of Orbit.
Next company, Verizon, told me basically the same thing; an outside company billed them, and they in turn billed me--$30 for whatever in the world I didn't order. I find out that 6 months ago Shannon signed up for two free ringtones, which she received. Now, thumbplay sends unsolicited ringtones to her phone and charges us for it. Again I called the company to complain. I put a block on this company on my Verizon account. You just call Verizon and request a block.
I am angry that companies deceived me, hoping that I wouldn't notice the extra charges on my bills. Be sure to check those details!!




1 comment:
This has happened with my cell phone before also. I hate that they do that! Very dishonest in my opinion. Glad you got it taken care of!
Post a Comment