Thursday, May 7, 2009

Just a Warning

I went to Reams the other day for chicken and watermelon (the watermelon is SWEET!) and as I walked in to the store, my eyes caught a young man leaning against the store, with no obvious purpose other than watching people. I immediately had a 'feeling'--you know--and I hit my lock button twice to make sure my car was locked. When I finished up shopping and wheeled my cart into the parking lot, my groceries along with my purse were in the cart.

Just moments before, a woman with her purse in the was unloading her groceries into her car when the young man who was leaning against the building ran at top speed toward her, grabbed her purse, and RAN. Fortunately another man saw the incident and ran after the young man, yelling. The purse was dropped and recovered for the woman, but BEWARE! My sister Diane tells me to buckle the purse into the childs safety belt in the cart if you put it there. Yep, I will be diligent about that now.

2 comments:

Mateo said...

I never ignore those feelings. They always have your best interests at heart. Good thing he didn't do anything to my auntie Connie-Bob!!! [wink]

chelle belle said...

working in retail i always see women shopping with thier purses sitting in the seat of the cart. i always go up and advise them to buckle their purses in. along time a go my purse was stolen from the seat of the cart in a Smith's. it is a horrible feeling. if you buckle your purse in then if someone tries to take it they will have to take the entire cart and in will cause commotion or atleast get your attention.