Monday, May 5, 2008

Five Simple Pleasures...

Melissa tagged me to post five simple pleasures in my life. As I told her, sometimes I am embarrassed at how easily entertained I am. I don't usually have to spend alot of money to be entertained, either. I love the Quaker song "Simple Gifts", also, it says: "It's a gift to be simple, it's a gift to be free; it's a gift to come down where we ought to be, and when we find ourselves in a place just right, we'll be in the valley of love and delight."

1) Walking. I love to go on walks, especially with my sweetheart. We like to walk down to the ballpark and find a baseball game to watch in the spring and summer. Sometimes we stop at the gas station and get an ice cream to eat on the way. I also like walking every morning with my walkin' pardners, Janice and Jodel.

2)Cooking and baking. I love to make people happy with things from my kitchen. Although I am not as accomplished as my sister Diane, I have created a reputation to uphold. Unfortunately most of the things I cook, make and dip in chocolate are not the healthiest. Pure cream and butter, you know, fat filled, calorie laden delicacies.

3. My garage. I lived long enough without an attached garage that I never ever drive into my garage that I do not think how grateful I am that I can walk right into my house from my garage; and that I don't have to scrape the windows in cold weather.

4. My family. There's nothing better than having my kids and grandkids around. I love 'em.

5. Hot soaky baths. Oh, man do I love them. Especially when I am the "runner" at work all day, and I walk my little leggies off all day. I come home and get some cooking magazines and lay back in the tub. I keep the hot water drizzling so it stays steaming hot, and I turn into a wet noodle. Then I go to bed, happy as a hound-dog.

And that's it, pretty simple, eh? Of course there's lots of other things too, but these are just five simple things that make me happy. I tag Leesa wtih this one, and Julia too because I know they will have simple pleasures that I probably find simple pleasures in my life too!

1 comment:

Julia M. said...

Connie, you're so wonderful! I appreciate your cooking skills and your family so much! I'm so lucky to know you!