Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Abram's Daughters--by Beverly Lewis


I just finished the fifth book in the series "Abram's Daughters" by Beverly Lewis. These were such good books! The wholesome and sweet Amish family that this series centers around encounters the same temptations and shortfalls that we all face on a day-to-day basis. They are also an eye-opening introduction to the Amish way of life, if you don't know about this culture. The Amish people strive daily and hourly to be pure and wholesome people. I loved the main character of this book, Leah Ebersol, who gives her life willingly and lovingly in service to those she loves. The twists and turns, ins and outs of the issues in these books kept me spellbound until the last page of the 5th book where all the issues are very wonderfully resolved at last. These books were a testimony to me, however, of the fact that some religions are guided by men and not by God. Has anyone out there read them? I loved these books and would recommend them to anyone!

3 comments:

Julia M. said...

Sounds really interesting. I'm always loving a new book recommendation. On a side note, we'll be able to come see Blaine and Granny on Friday night because we don't leave until Saturday. I can hardly wait to see everyone!

Anonymous said...

Hi!! That was so fun to see your note on my blog, I'm so glad you have one too! Now I can keep up on what's happening with you guys :) Hope you guys had fun last night, I was so sad we couldn't make it...

Rick Wilcox said...

Hey Connie, this will be an excellent way to keep in touch. You need to make the Bob post something once in a while.