Monday, June 23, 2008


Soooo...this picture is from Jimbob's mission. Sister Brace allowed the missionaries to live at her home, and she had a monkey. Not just any monkey, but KIMMIE THE MONKEY. Kimmie was blind and deaf, sort of a Hellen Keller monkey. He also had epilepsy and the missionaries had all sorts of interesting experiences with him (or her?)as you can imagine. They would re-arrange the furniture so Kimmie would get confused in his environment, and Jimbob said that he heard that Kimmie had been baptized multiple times by Elders who clearly had too much time on their hands. Anyway, here's to Memory Monday in the England London Mission with Jimbob and Kimmie, in 1974. Cheers, mates.

5 comments:

leesa said...

Whoa, you are fast. I didnt' even think I was done posting when--ooh I have a comment already! I like your memory monday.

MindiCeleste said...

Ya, so I am so excited for the fourth book to come out and in december there is a movie coming out. If you go to stepheniemeyer.com you can see the trailers and clips from the movie. It is just as amazing as the books. Holy cow!!!

Julia M. said...

What a crazy story! I've never heard anything like it. I love the picture and how the missionaries loved to tease the monkey. So fun!

This Place is a Disaster! said...

Hey, Hey, she loves the Monkeys uncle, yeh yeh. She loves the monkeys uncle woa woa, she loves the monkey uncle - and I'm mad about his chimpanzeeeee!
-Annette Funnyjello-

Rick Wilcox said...

Hey I think he stole that shirt from me!