
You've probably all seen Marley and Me by now. Jimbobster and I finally saw it last Saturday--not that we didn't want to see it earlier but 'stuff' kept coming up and getting in the way of seeing it. My girls and I read the book several years ago not long after it hit the shelves, and we all loved it.
I was just a bit hesitant to see the movie because of the recent trauma of losing our Sydney-loo-the-doggie-poo, (who was the best dog on the planet, by the way) but I knew that I would regret not seeing it. Ahhh--I think I needed another good cry over Sydney, and this was the perfect excuse for it. I think it is a way to sort of 'provide closure', if that over-used phrase makes sense. I CRIED MY EYES OUT! And don't tell him I told you, but Jimbob was doing a major amount of snuffling himself.
After seeing the show I revisited John Grogan's site,
http://www.johngroganbooks.com/blog/
I check on this site every now and again because it is lovely website with great, heartwarming and entertaining posting on his blog. If you read the book or saw the movie, visit his website for updates on his life--you'll enjoy it. There's an interesting story about the puppy he adopted who acted as Marley on the show. Oh, and he has written a new book, "The Longest Trip Home", which I need to get on the waiting list for at the library!




4 comments:
I have not read the book but I saw the movie with the Pearson girls and I thought it was fantastic! I bawled like a baby and still really enjoyed it!
I should give that book a try...I need a good book.
Even my mom cried! That is saying a lot, since she is not a animal lover. It was an amazing movie and I am gla I suggested that we see it for sisters and mom night out. I think I will have to get the book. I am due for a good read. We all cried lots!
I absolutely refuse to see a movie that will make me cry. How embarrassing.
Post a Comment