Tuesday, January 20, 2009

What I Did Today...

I got up bright and early (7:00-ish) and got into my running clothes only to see that it was only 20 degrees outside. I have my limits. So I left my running clothes on, thinking that when it got above 25 (which is my limit) I would go running. See, when it is less than 25 degrees or so my cheeks get so red that it takes, like 3 hours for the redness to go away. And I am just vain enough to refuse to wear a ski mask, plus I don't want to get the police shook up over a scary person running through the neighborhood.

In the interim, I thought I would take the wallpaper off the wall in the spare bedroom, because I want to re-paint that room. I started it (and by the way, the wallpaper remover that you use smells like womit--er--vomit. I began the task, and then flipped on the TV and was totally fascinated by the inaugeration events. Before I knew it 4:00 had arrived, we had a new president of the United States (I thoroughly enjoyed the festivities on TV) and I still had my running clothes on (smelling like womit now) and no running had occurred. Ah, well. The wallpaper removal job is done! I'm just tired enough to justify sitting on my Butt for 2 hours to watch American Idol tonight.

6 comments:

MindiCeleste said...

Do you not have a steamer? That works wonders on wall paper and other various chores that suck sewer water! As for American Idol, I whish it had been two hours last night. This is my favorite part. What the heck makes some of these people think they can even carry a note in a bucket? If I was young enough, I'd show em a thing or two. Haha!

Mateo said...

20 degrees is my limit. But now I have my mudda's old treadmill that she couldn't use, and guess what?!? It is SO low impact that I could run almost every single day because there is almost NO recovery time. Running on the street is hard so I only do that when the weather is nice.

Nickessa said...

You are brave to go running at all...I slack in that department! But my mom just got a treadmill so perhaps I can use that. :)I am totally addicted to american idol right now also. I think it's hilarious!

Anonymous said...

Ah--the Inaugural Suite! Or izzit The Inaugural, Sweet!

MindiCeleste said...

I do have a Shark, I have three different ones. I have a regular steamer, I have a mop and it came with a steamer spray bottle. I love all three but the mop and the bottle rock. They heat up in 30 seconds. You can purchase them at Sams Club for $79. Well worth it!

Rick Wilcox said...

Did you see Richie and Greg on the inauguration telecast? They were standing by the pool in front of the Capitol. If you did you have better eyes than me. They had tickets but they still had to sneak in!