I was gone most of the day yesterday, having several places to go. I came home at 5:00 to find a mystery: two rooms in my home were without power. Jimbob arrived soon thereafter and went outside to check the breaker box and, lo and behold, a breaker had tripped. He tried flipping it back with no luck. He called our neighbor who is an electrician. Ken gave him several suggestions to try, all of which failed. Ken said in essence, "Bummer, you must have a short in your house somewhere. As Jimbob looked at the light fixtures, he saw something MAJOR that caused him to do a double take: There was a set of keys hanging out of a plug in the spare bedroom. That was enough to cause a short, don't you think?? Yep. A big black spot was on the plug as well. This is the hypothesis we came up with:
Grandchild: (Cameron the likely culprit, since he was at the house during the day while we were gone, and... not that we wanted to falsely accuse, but if you know Cameron, you realize that he is the probable source of the problem)
PLUS THIS;
PLUS THIS:
EQUALS: A SHORT IN YOUR POWER, AND A BURNED FINGER FOR CAMERON (HE WAS LUCKY, WASN'T HE?)
6 comments:
Ohh, my darling boy. Yes he did it,and yes it scared him. He said to me "FIRE came out and out and out!" He's lucky to be alive today!
Rob and I are so excited to have grandkids one day so we can have these "wonderful" experiences too. We are grateful that Cameron is okay!!
Does Cameron have extra curly hair now?
The picture of Cameron is the best part of this post. I'm glad he's okay- no more metal keys in sockets for dear Cameron now. He knows what will happen...!
I have to say, I have been on the end of electrocution. NOT FUN AT ALL!!! Not keys in a socket but an extention cord on a wet lawn.
Wow. Learn by doing, that's what I say.
Post a Comment