Saturday, September 13, 2008

Do you need a Boost?

I have been reading Sheri Dew's "God Wants a Powerful People", and last week I came across a quote that had the power to soothe my soul...gave me a calm feeling. Maybe it will do the same for you--

...the last days are not for the faint of heart or the spiritually out of shape. There will be days when we feel defeated, exhausted, and plain old beat up by life's whiplash. People we love will disappoint us--and we will disappoint them. We'll almost certainly struggle with some sort of physical appetite, and perhaps several. Some days it will feel as though the veil between heaven and earth is made of reinforced concrete. And we may even face a crisis of faith. In fact, we can count on experiencing trials that will test our testimony, our obedience, and our faith--because how do we know if we really have a testimony, if we'll really obey, if we really want to be honest and chaste and virtuous, and if we really believe in Jesus Christ, if those things aren't put to the test?

This just brought a *sigh* to my lips, for indeed this life can be sweet but it can also be a struggle. Sometimes it feels exhausting; just little trials of an everyday nature. It helps to be reminded that this life is a test, after all. Just take the test, Connie, just take the test!

4 comments:

Kathy said...

What a beautiful quote. You are an inspiration to me and I love your insight.

Julia M. said...

When I observe you, I think you are passing the test with flying colors. I'm reading a book by Elder Hales about finding peace in this life, and it helped me. I realized that I have peace of conscience, but my peace of mind is disturbed more frequently. It was very soothing to my soul to read that!

Anonymous said...

I love Sheri Dew. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Yer m'hero.