So, I have been blogging for several months now. I tried facebook, but it's too demanding, and more of a chit-chat type of thing. And--I could never figure out the gift sending thing--hmmmm. Then when I was checking out some friend's blogs, I thought, wow, this is fun. I like to see what this friend or that friend is doing. I like to hear their opinions on various topics. I like to see pictures of them and their families and friends. I like to know when cool things happen to them, and I want to know when sad things happen, too. I want to comment on their blogs; I want them to comment on mine too! It is a fun way to spend some "relaxing" time, and sort of like hanging out with friends at the same time. I enjoy not being pressured to post on my blog if I don't have the time or have nothing to say. In fact sometimes I don't FEEL like talking, so blogging is a nice way to visit friends and family without having to talk at all.
Why do you like blogging?
4 comments:
I like blogging because I feel connected to people. My mom loves my blogs more than anyone, and my sister in Washington comes in a close second. So I do it for them. I used to be a good at keeping a journal, so this is my way of journaling. And it makes me happy.
I only started blogging in July, when Patrick moved so far away. I thought it would be a fun way to keep in touch, but it has become more of a journal. I have never been good at keeping a journal, even in the mission I would do it maybe weekly. This blogging thing makes me remember things, and good things because I can't just put all the bad stuff down. (Which is kind of how my journals end up, a venting book!) So I love blogging because it makes me take more notice of what my children are doing, that's good, and share it. Plus somebody told me you can pay people and they will print your blog out into a book. Pretty cool!
I'm with Julia. I use my blog kind of like a journal. Plus, I'm really bad at calling and visiting people, so it's a great way to keep others up-to-date with our lives.
I love having access to loved ones via their blog sites, even those who do not update regularly. It's amazing how much we learn about each other thru the written word, and the photos are just plain fun. I am teetering on the edge of blogness myself--but not quite there yet.
Post a Comment