The rodeo was fabulous as usual. The highlight had to be the four parachutists at the beginning who dropped in to the arena on a small target. They were timed one after another. The third one had a state flag sailing out behind him; and the fourth timed himself to be sailing around and around above us with a huge American Flag just beautifully floating behind him. As he landed there were several men to catch the flag so it wouldn't hit the ground. It was breathtaking.
Then the rumpus began, of course. The State Fair puts on a fine rodeo.
One thing that saddens me is that the attractions that used to be the focal point of the fair are getting smaller and smaller. Sydna and I discussed this--4H is becoming non-existent, and the sewing, crafts, canning, cooking and baking are waning. I lOVE to look at it all. Who's up for a challenge? Hey, let's all enter something in the fair next year!
Ruby age 14
2 months ago




2 comments:
Hi Mom. I think that even though the 4H arts and craftys are not as big as they used to be, other things are becoming more popular. I was with some of the YW in my ward the other week and they were talking about how much they love doing 4H. It sounded like it's mostly service nowadays. Things they can't really enter in the fair, but makes them better people no doubt!
You guide me! I would love to enter, but I have no clue how to go about it!
Post a Comment