Monday, September 22, 2008

Memory Monday



The year is 1973 and we are at the Salt Lake City Airport. Jimbob and I are 19 years young and in just a few minutes he will board a plane to fly to Jolly Old England for two years. We look like little kids! (and Connie, does your mother approve of that short dress??) After all these years I still remember the ache in my heart as I watched his airplane disappear. In retrospect, we would not have traded those two years for anything. Two short years in an eternity of togetherness is not a long time at all...

7 comments:

Mateo said...

You liar....that's a picture of Cassidy and you know it!!! Kidding.....but man, I cannot believe how much you two look alike!

I remember the day I was in JomBob's shoes. Kind of a hard thing to do, but worth it. Lisa and I followed in your footsteps.

And to think that was 35 years ago. Sheesh.

Anonymous said...

That is the cutest picture ever! I had no idea that you two did the waiting thing...good for you! Lance is right, your girls are definintly yours!!

Brandy J. said...

Fabulous picture...makes us smile!

Cass and Jared said...

Hey! I kinda do look like you! Actually I really do... I know that ache in your heart feeling, It's not something I'd like to repeat. But it was surely worth it! You can check out my blog now, if you'd like- I did my first post just barely! http://cassandjared.blogspot.com/

Julia M. said...

You are so darling! I love that suit. You have the right perspective, too. Sometimes when I hear about girls waiting for missionaries or not wanting them to go, I think they don't get it. But you always have. And I'm so happy that I know you tow!

Rick Wilcox said...

What do you mean "look like kids"? You are kids. By the way, speaking of looking like family, I had an ID photo taken at Sam's Club the other day. When he handed it to me, I thought it was a photo of Steven on my card.

Anonymous said...

Never thought yoood survive those 2 years! Remember when we tried to record us whistling a song in harmony, for Jimi (it didn't work, by the way--mostly we laughed in harmony!).

And we LOVED those shoes!