I want feedback on this one; just to see if anyone else feels my pain. So, Jimbob hates to shop for clothes for himself. He won't do it. He will begin to mention that he needs shirts, or he needs pants, or whatever. Says I: "Should we go look for some clothes for you this weekend?" Reply: "Oh, I won't have time for that". This will go on for several weeks or a month and then I give up and begin to purchase items for him and bring them home.
(That's what he wanted me to do in the first place)
If I am lucky, everything will fit and he will like it all. If the usual happens, I make several (dozen) trips back and forth till the right size and appeal fills the need for new clothes.
Does your husband buy his own clothes?
Ruby age 14
2 months ago




6 comments:
My husband buys his own clothes and in fact our roles are reversed. I would enjoy if Doug went to the store for me and I just tried them on and let him take them back . . and forth . . and back. I hate shopping. Jimmy probably loves it for somewhat the same reason I do!! None.
I would like shopping if (and I have had a pleasurable experiences under these circumstances)
1)I look around and pile up what I think looks good.
2) I go into the dressing room and start trying on.
3)Partner or tag team member stands outside. I hand something over and say, "See if they have this in a large, or blah blah." Then while I try on the next item tag team member is looking for the item, and I just try on and they look around and around for me.
The best time I ever had was when Amber came with me. She workd at the store so she had a good idea of what was there, she would look and say, "that makes your legs look fat, try this length instead." then she would get it off the rack and in a couple sizes, then she would say, "This shirt needs to be a litttle longer, and the stripes, yada yada, try this."
Perhaps Jimmy should shop at an upper scale place where they have personal shoppers, or if he is not worried about people thinking he is gay, he could just take Doug! Doug is Mr. style. He once worked at Dillards.
I am sometimes Ray's personal shopper, even to the point of trying stuff on. Rule of Thumb: if it's "pup-tentish" on me, it's just right for Huzby. Just kidding. Ray works long hours, so sometimes I shop for him on my lunch hour, eliminating the need to do it on the (precious) weekends. There is one nubby shirt fabric that he WILL NOT wear (sez it rubs him wrong--I told him if he wore a T shirt it won't rub s'much). I don't mind shopping for Huzby, if I know he'll like my selections. Been a time r two I've hadtuh do a "sell-job" to convince him! Finess shopping!
I have the same problem! Ben wants something "cool" or something "comfortable" and I am only right half the time. He won't buy clothes for himself, either, so I guess this is a problem we have the rest of our lives. :)
I don't think I've purchased a single item of my own clothing in the last 14 years. I trust my wife's taste completely. She dresses me well.
I WISH my husband would let me pick out his clothes, ha ha! Usually I don't agree with what he brings home, but he is so picky he never likes what I pick out even though they look so good on him. I think he is more of a shopper than me sometimes, you should see his shoe collection!
Lee is the hardest person to make go shopping. He will wait until the elbows on his sleeves are see through! It is a very barf worthy experience for me when it is time to shop for him!! This is because he does not fit into the clothes at a normal store. Would you believe that his shirts are an 18 1/2 inch neck and a 37 inch sleeve, they cost a bloody freaking fortune for his shirts and pants. He is the laziest shopper in the world and it is like pulling teeth to get him to go. He only likes Christmas shopping, but even then we have to cram it into one weekend. and half of that weekend I go by myself. He does not want to take part in the clothing stuff. I do have to buy all of his casual clothes because he would never by them. If it was up to him, he would wear slacks and a dress shirt, even golfing.
Post a Comment